The FYN Builder & Developer Program
Florida is building more new homes than any other state, placing increased demands on our natural resources. Homeowners pay a premium for proximity to clean water, wildlife and preserved areas.
Florida Yards & Neighborhoods has a variety of resources to help professionals create value and protect the environment with Florida-friendly landscapes.
- Educational Services
- Certification & Awards
- Success Stories
- Grow Smart Newsletter
- Introduction to the Nine Principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
Describes the concepts of Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ which include both design and maintenance to create landscapes that conserve water and reduce water pollution.
- Adopting a Florida-Friendly Yard Gives steps to convert a traditional yard to a more Florida-Friendly yard over time.
- Rain Gardens Describes how to install a rain garden, taking slope and depth into consideration
- How to Attract Wildlife Describes how to attract non-nuisance wildlife, discusses “Community ButterflyScaping,” and landscaping by habitat type.
- Community ButterflyScaping incorporates the nine principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ to move beyond butterfly gardening to create a large-scale butterfly habitat.